PiZ-UpTime – UPS and power mobility for Pi Zero/W
Delivery Time: ab Lager
Verfügbarkeit: Sofort-Versand ab Lager
PiZ-UpTime provides a clean, stable, reliable, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to the Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W.
- Provides UPS functionality for Raspberry Pi Zero/W
- UPS 5V out (via micro USB) – UPS functionality for Pi Zero without the header
- Uses one LiIon 14500 (3.7V) rechargeable battery. Includes battery management.
- Do not use regular, non-rechargeable AA batteries, 1.2V NiMH batteries, or non-rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries!
- Battery not included!
- Reset switch for rebooting the Pi. External reset switch can be connected.
- Python code shuts down the Raspberry Pi when battery is low
- Uses GPIO 26 to monitor low battery voltage
- Hard shutdown when battery runs dangerously low, protecting the battery
- LEDs can be turned off to save power
Install one LiIon 14500 (3.7V) rechargeable battery (not included) in the PiZ-UpTime. When power fails, or is disconnected, power is provided by the battery on PiZ-UpTime for the Pi, the peripherals attached to it, and the micro-USB power out port (provides 5V). The battery is charged when power is available.
A female header is pre-soldered on PiZ-UpTime, for mounting to your Pi Zero/W, although you can also use standoffs to mount PiZ-UpTime and provide power to your Pi via the micro-USB power out port (using a micro-USB to micro-USB cable) if you haven't attached a male header to your Zero/W.
After a power failure (or disconnecting power), PiZ-UpTime automatically charges the battery when power is restored. Power demands placed by the peripherals attached to the PiZ are also handled by PiZ-UpTime. PiZ-UpTime protects your Pi Zero/W from brown-outs and other power-related issues.
The battery is monitored via GPIO 26. Sample software (provided) uses GPIO 26 and ensures a proper shutdown when the battery runs low. An onboard sensor measures the battery level and performs a hard shutdown when the battery level is critically low.
A power reset switch on PiZ-UpTime makes it easy to reboot your Pi Zero/W after a software shutdown.
Removing the LED jumper turns off the LEDs, minimising power consumption.
Works best with Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero W. Power supplied may be insufficient for the Pi 3, 2, or B+.